Monday, August 11, 2008

August 8, 2008

ENGLISH, GYPSIES, & KENNY G

Things here in Iasi haven't changed much since my last letter. The investigators we found last week are progressing really slowly. I guess that's how it goes sometimes. We finally got permission from the city to do our English sign-ups on the streets, so I'm excited to see how it all goes. We're trying a lot of new things this time, so I hope it goes well. We even have a website Elder Kirk put together: http://iasiengleza.com/. It's in Romanian, so you wouldn't understand it, but there's pics you can look at!We also visited the BYU girls this week, because they'll be leaving in a couple of days. The funniest thing happened. I'm not sure how appropriate it would be, but I'm gonna tell it anyway. So, I think I've told you about how gypsies are here...well, they are gypsy moms at the Hospital too. Usually they yell dirty things at the BYU girls. But this one day, they were really nice. So one of the BYU girls offered them 1 sticker for each of their kids from her book. Well, they all went nuts & snatched the book from her, & started fighting over them. Get this, one mom even unzipped her shirt & started putting superman stickers all over her boobs!!!! lol. While the other ladys kept fighting. The BYU girl finally snatched her book back & got out of there. I couldn't stop laughing when they told me. lol...We also had a Branch Picnic at the Lake. It was so much fun! We ate grilled Mici (this Beef-Spam-nasty-but-really-good-Sausage), threw the football for a little bit, & had a Water fight. Our investigator came & got to know a lot of the members, which was good. I love Branch activities here in Iasi. Everyone here has a genuine care for each other, like one big family.That was my week in short. Besides all that, I've been really homesick this past week. It just seems like everyone around me is leaving back to the states. Feels like I'll never make it back home. So, a couple times this week, I just cried it out, made some Brownies, & put on my Kenny G CD...& everything was all good again!!!! & of course PRAYER!!!!I hope your week was better than mine. Hope to hear from some of you this week. But if not, you're still in my prayers!!!!God is Love,Rev Run.

SORA BETHAM

Currently Serving in Buckarest Romania