Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 1, 2008











The Christmas Transfer

Yay, it's finally here!!!! I'm so glad I get one more Christmas in Romania!!!! The city I'm in now, Brasov, is the most beautiful city in Romania. We had the first snow of the winter last week, & decided that I actually love the snow!!!! Until it hardens & you actually have to tract in it. I learned that when you have holes in your boots, 4 pairs of socks won't keep your toes from turning into vienna sausages!!!!! I think the only good thing that came out of communism is that the communist blocks make talking to people a little easier this time of year...they keep u warm & the doors are right next to each other!!! but romanians don't really like to be bothered...I mean, it's not like we should be thinking about the Savior at the time of his birth RIGHT??!!! i don't get it, but whatever.it's been awhile since i last wrote...so let me update you. we're working with this old man, Vasile who's 82 years old!!! He is the tightest old man too. He used to be a pilot for the Army a long long time ago. He just walked up to the church one day when someone else cancelled on us & asked about the church. We've been working with him for about 2 1/2 weeks now, & he's planning to be baptized on Dec 13!!!! I'm so excited for him. ...& yes this will be the FIRST!!!!! Every day, I'm learning to really love missionary work. I get this weird adrenaline rush everytime some one actually listens for at least 10 min!!!! ...well, okay it's the spirit not adrenaline...but whatever...I LOVE IT!!! don't get me wrong, i still get pissed when people don't accept the gospel...but i get over it & keep it moving. hope all is well in the motherland...hope the recession isn't keeping santa from coming to romania!!!! love u guys, have a good week!!!!

SORA BETHAM

Currently Serving in Buckarest Romania