Monday, July 28, 2008

March 3, 2008

LA MULTI ANI!!!
Here in Romania, they celebrate Martisor...which is like Women's Day.
It's March 8th...so HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY!!! I was happy to hear from all of
you today. I was laughing when Aunty Katie said that she wants to lose
weight before they come to Romania...that's MY goal too!!! lol. Batman
Abs are working...really slowly...but they're working!!! OMG, my
companion spoils me...this morning she made CHOCOLATE PANCAKES!!! & the
other day she made hashbrowns & eggs...mmmm...so that's why I'm gaining
so much. but whatever. lol.
As far as the work, everything is coming along. We teach free english
classes at the chapel every Tues night, its one of the finding tools we
use. At the end of every class, we have a spiritual thought (ie:
Restoration, Book of Mormon, etc.) & they are welcome to set up for us
to teach them at their homes or at the chapel. So, this past week, alot
of our students have been showing interest. We're really excited about
that this week. Next week is our last week & we're gonna have a party &
teach them the Electric Slide or the Chacha...you know the songs that
all the FOBs play at church dances!!! lol.
But anyways, the work is going really good. I think I told you guys
about Doina last week...well she hasn't been feeling well, so the
Elder's gave her a blessing yesterday. Oh yeah, & yesterday, one of the
less active members we've been working with blessed her baby in church.
Her husband gave an amazing blessing for baby Sara. It just made me feel
so blessed to have the priesthood in my life. & it's even more amazing
to see the Priesthood at work here in Romania. Phew, talk about being
SLAPPED with the Spirit!!!lol. Just a little inside joke...
Anyways, I'm glad that you are all reading your scriptures...& thank you
Aunty Katie for the Pop Quiz. Keep it up. I know that he will bless us
for our willingness & desire to draw closer to Him. If we will do that
with a constant prayer in our hearts that He will to continue to watch
over us while we are so far from each other. I love & miss you all so
much!!!
In one of our District Mtgs, our Get-to-Know-You (Facem Cunostinta)
Question was: "If you could go home & were released as a missionary for
just ONE day, what would you do?" & without hesitating, I told them that
I would have all the FAM & all my friends come to the Park & have a BIG
BBQ!!! I would play with all my BEBEz & kick it with all the Aunty's &
Uncle's...& have Dad close the store FOR ONCE...& just have everyone
there TALKING STORY & playing Volleyball...& staying late at night to
drink KOKO SAMOA & FRENCH BREAD!!!
Anyways, that's how much I miss you guys!!! Take care & keep writing!!!
Love,
Sora Bitam.

SORA BETHAM

Currently Serving in Buckarest Romania